School of Electrical and Electronics
School of Electrical and Electronics Engineering consistently and competently drives towards excellence through our departments of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering and Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering. With a strong emphasis on converting science to technology, the prime focus of our school is to impart quality education through hands on training, workshops and research in the frontiers of Signal/Image Processing,VLSI Design, Power Electronics, Embedded systems, Wind Energy, Nanotechnology and Telecommunications.
Our school has developed on board communication subsystem, ground station control, electronic power supply, attitude determination control systems and has calibrated spectrometer for the successful launch of SATHYABAMASAT" on June 22nd, 2016. Mission of ‘SATHYABAMASAT’ to measure greenhouse gases emission is made successful through continuous collection and processing of satellite data by our students from the ground station in our premises. Combined expertise of staff and students of our school has resulted around 30 research projects sponsored by government and R&D organizations like DST, IGCAR, BRNS, BRFST, TNSCST, ISRO, DRDO.
It opens a wide spectrum of opportunities for placement in dream companies not only limited to his area of study. It is evident in the consistent placement record of over 90% every year in every department of the school. Some of our major recruiters are Samsung, HP Electronics, NTT Data, MBIT Wireless, Wipro, HCL Technologies, Infosys, Capgemini, L & T Infotech, Tech Mahindra etc. Excellent infrastructure, expert faculty members and enthusiastic students have also made remarkable contributions in product development, patents and paper publications.
Our Top Recruiters
The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering was incepted during the year 1992 offering UG Program on Electrical and Electronics Engineering. Later in 2002, PG Program on Power Electronics and Industrial Drives was incepted. The Program imparts strong and wide knowledge in the most profound areas such as Electrical Drives, Control Systems, Power Systems, Power Electronics, etc. and the associated laboratory courses. The program also includes courses in other relevant branches of Engineering such as Computer Science, Mechanical and Electronics domain. The Department is enriched with well qualified faculty members and skilled technical assistants. The faculty members enthusiastically involve with students in research activities and always dedicated towards the growth of the students. The curriculum has been framed consciously to cater the needs of core electrical sectors and Information Technology organizations. The department placement record has always been very impressive.
Students have been placed in various core companies such as Robert Bosch, Musigma, BGR Energy, FLSmidth and IT giants like TCS, CTS, Wipro, Infosys, Accenture, MindTree, etc. Graduate Students are eligible to pursue post graduation on a broader domains such as Power Electronics, Power System, Electrical Machines and Drives, Control Systems, High Voltage Engineering, Applied Electronics, Embedded Systems, Nano Electronics, VLSI, Computer, Networking etc., offered by the National / International Universities. The Department imparts strong theoretical foundation and aims at producing novel and moral Electrical and Electronics Engineers. Good design experience and exposure to research and development lays a platform and articulates interest among the students. Professionals graduated from our esteemed department will be able to mend and orient themselves according to the industrial requirement and infused to take up challenging jobs. The department encourages students to present their research findings in technological forums such as symposiums, conferences and journals. Students are appreciated and awarded for their outstanding academic performance and research contributions. Our students are privileged to avail extensive exposure on all kinds of technical knowledge sharing forums happening in national / international level. Our eminent alumni frequently address the students for building awareness on the updated industrial requirements and equipping for the same.
- Funded Projects
Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering constantly encourages faculty community to actively participate in sponsored projects from various funding agencies. Faculty and students in association with ISRO have designed, developed and tested “Flight model of Electrical power supply” for the successful launch and mission of “SATHYABAMA NANOSAT” to collect data on greenhouse gases. It was launched along with the Cartosat-2C satellite a top PSLV-C34.
Publication is a technical term in legal contexts and especially important in copyright legislation. An author of a work generally is the initial owner of the copyright on the work. One of the copyrights granted to the author of a work is the exclusive right to publish the work. Our faculty and students consistently publishing their research work in Scopus, web of science, UGC, SCI, SCIE indexed journal and conferences every year. Our faculty are reviewers in reputed journals. The faculty members have published several books, book chapters and monographs
A patent is a form of intellectual property that gives its owner the legal right to exclude others from making, using, or selling an invention for a limited period of years in exchange for publishing an enabling public disclosure of the invention. Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering encourages faculty and students to develop innovative products. These products have filed in intellectual property right (IPR). Our Electrical and Electronic Department has 6 granted patents 20 patents have published and 3patents filed.
The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering endeavors to be a globally recognized department for outstanding education and research leading to well qualified engineers, who are innovative, entrepreneurial and successful in advanced fields of Electrical and Electronics Engineering to cater the ever changing industrial demands and social needs.
- To impart quality education to the aspiring Engineers through effective teaching-learning techniques to enhance their skills, capacity and make them globally competitive Electrical Engineers.
- To develop collaborations with various Research & Development Organizations, Educational Institutions and Industries for excellence in Research, Teaching, and Consultancy practices.
- To provide the students with academic environment of excellence needed for a long productive career.
- To mould the young dynamic potential minds to make them industry ready and help them to emerge as full-fledged professionals or entrepreneurs to serve the society.
- PEO1: Outshine with strong fundamentals and updated knowledge in the field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering to provide effective solutions for engineering problems.
- PEO2: Commit themselves with research attitude, lifelong learning, investigative approach and multidisciplinary thinking required to meet the changing industrial trends.
- PEO3: Excel with entrepreneurship skill to achieve personal and professional success.
- PEO4: Develop sustainable solution for the energy requirement of the society.
- PO1 Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO2 Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO3 Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO4 Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5 Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6 The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO7 Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO8 Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO9 Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO10 Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO11 Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12 Life-long learning: Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
- PSO1: Apply the acquired fundamental knowledge in the field of Power Generation, Transmission, Distribution, Protection and Utilization of Electrical Power.
- PSO2: Design, analyze, control and evaluate the performance of Electrical drives for high power applications.
- PSO3: Design and develop Electronic Circuits and Embedded Systems for real time applications.
- Faculty and students in association with ISRO have designed, developed and tested “Flight model of Electrical power supply” for the successful launch and mission of “SATHYABAMA NANOSAT” to collect data on greenhouse gases. It was launched along with the Cartosat-2C satellite a top PSLV-C34
- The department has on going sponsored projects from UBA - (Unnat Bharat Abhiyan)
- DST-SERB, TNSCST sponsored Seminars/ FDP’s organized by the department.
- Centre of excellence laboratories on Internet of things is setup in association with Texas Instruments.
- EMERSON control technique sponsored servo motor drive is setup in power electronic laboratories for research activity of faculty and PG students.
- Excellent infrastructure with state of art laboratories.
- Many University inhouse projects are developed and installed by faculty and student of the department.
- Consecutive placement record of 85% and above record.
- Faculty and Students are member of professional body like IEEE, IEI and ISTE student chapters.
Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology places emphasize on co-curricular and extracurricular activities These activities are student centered and primarily aims to supplement regular curricular activities.Its goal is to represent the student body in making the study experience as rewarding and enjoyable as possible.
Centre for Academic Partnership & International Relations is an initiative of Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology devoted to promote academic alliances with Universities and Institutes at National and International level. The Centre establishes a link through Memorandum of Understanding to facilitate Research Collaboration, Student Exchange Programmes and Faculty Exchange Programmes.
- Collaboration and MOU's
A memorandum of understanding (MoU) is a formal agreement between two or more parties. Companies and organizations can use MoUs to establish official partnerships. MoUs are not legally binding but they carry a degree of seriousness and mutual respect, stronger than a gentlemen's agreement.
Memorandum of Understanding between Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology and L & T Switchgear Training Centre
- To enhance the quality of educational experience for students, researchers and to expertise people in the field of upcoming renewable energy.
- To make skilled solar engineers for huge careers opportunities.
- To create awareness and encourage people to implement solar system.
- Share new research and developments, innovations, applications, career opportunities.
Memorandum of understanding with Tamilnadu Advanced Technical Training Institute (TATTI)
- The MoU is intended to recognize the general basis for a cooperative and a collaborative working relationship between the two parties.
- The purpose of MoU is to have mutual intentions to jointly work on projects required for industries and research needs, with learned faculty of good industrial experience and promising students and to exchange their expertise for mutual benefit and growth.
- To establish collaboration between the Institution and Industry with a view of providing a window to the world of industry within the educational institution.
Memorandum of understanding with Texas Instruments, authorized partner Digital Shark Technology private limited, Bangalore
- The scope of this MOU is to provide a framework of reference to build a strong and on-going relationship between Sathyabama institute of science and technology and Digital shark technology in various areas of mutual interest and benefit.
- The primary goals are to conduct workshops and faculty development programs in the field of embedded systems and IOT.
Memorandum of Understanding between Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology and HCL
MOU with HCL Technologies, Chennai
Industry Institute interaction bridges the gap between theoretical science and technological advances. Having understood clearly, school of Electronic has Memoranda of Understanding with HCL Technologies, Qmax Technologies and BSNL. Centres of excellence are established through this MOU and a series of activities from hands on training to direct placement are carried out.
Wind Energy Conversion System
View of Wind Generator
Students and faculty have developed a wind energy conversion system with a capacity of 500 W that supports the power requirement in the cabin of HOD / EEE.
Uni Drive SP Model in Power Electronic Laboratory
Emersosn Control Automaion - Unidrive SP model
Texas Instruments Innovation Laboratory
IOT workshop using TI products
Semester Abroad Program
Rishu Ranjan of our department student done One Semester Course at University of Craiova, Romania
Student Internship program
Our student Sangramijith Mukharjee at New Jersey or Internship
Sangramjith Mukharjee has Accomplished a project titled “Emotion Recognition using Facial Geometry by Machine Learning”and secured third position in New Jersey
Newsletter and Technical Magazine
The department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering releases “The Electron” – An yearly magazine since 2014 with Mrs.A.Shanthi Mary, Assistant Professor, Department of EEE as editorial member and group of student editors. This opens up a platform for the students to showcase their technical interests and ideas. In addition to the magazine, the department releases Newsletter titled “Current Affairs” (4 Issues per year).
Student Technical Magazine "The Electron"
Guest lecture: The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering in association with the Centre for higher studies has organized an international guest lecture for the final year EEE students. The guest lecture was delivered by Professor Anthony A Maciejewski, Head of Electrical and Computer Science Engineering, Colorado State University, Fort Collins on the topic “Study Options in USA for Electrical Engineering".
Guest lecture for Modelling of Mems devices for Next generation Wireless communication Technology
Guest lecture: DST – SERB sponsored compact modelling of mems/ nems devices for next generation wireless communication technologies Dr.Chellapandian, Rtd. scientist, IGCAR, kalpakkam and Mr.Navnit Kumar Kashyap, Senior Principal Design Engineer, Cadence, Bangalore.
TNSCST National level seminar for Faculty members
National Level Seminar: The department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering has conducted the TNSCST Sponsored Three day National Level Seminar on, “Opportunities and Challenges of Renewable Energy in Smart Grid Systems
Hands on training using Matlab Simulink for Final year students
Training Program: The Department of Electrical and Electronics has organized a one day workshop on “Simulation of power electronic convertor using MATLAB Simulink”. The students of final year EEE department were benefited in learning simulation of various rectifiers and converters using simulink
National Level Seminar
DST-SERB sponsored National level seminar for Integration of green energy with smart grid through IOT
National Level Seminar: The Department of Electrical and Electronics has organized five days DST – SERB Sponsored National Level Seminar on “INTEGRATION OF GREEN ENERGY WITH SMART GRID THROUGH IOT”. This Seminar helps the faculty members and Research Scholars to gain knowledge in the field of Power Systems and Power Electronics. It helps to carry out research in Smart Grid, Renewable Energy Resources like Solar, Wind and Integration of Smart Grid with Renewable Energy and IOT.
Workshop organized exclusively with hands on training for TIVA processor used in IOT Application
Hands on Training: The Department of Electrical and Electronics has organized five days Hands on Training “TIVA processor used in IOT Application”. This Seminar helps the faculty members and Research Scholars to gain knowledge in the field of TIVA Processor coding and real time connection Internet. It helps to carry out research in ROBOTIC and IOT.
ELECTRICAL MACHINES LABORATORY
View of Electrical Machines Lab
The Electrical Machines lab is well equipped with extensive collection of various types of machines namely AC machines, DC Machines and Transformers with suitable loading arrangements. The main purpose of this laboratory is to provide the students with practical knowledge of handling electrical machines and correlate the theoretical classroom treatment with actual machine characteristics. This lab can be utilized to educate engineering researchers and to conduct research in all aspects of electrical and electromechanical energy conversion. This lab is equipped with excellent facilities for Measurements and control. The Lab Facilities are utilized for practical studies of control systems. Moreover the Reverse Engineering process can be done for better understanding of wiring, motor winding, machine construction, design and safety in electrical systems.
CIRCUITS AND DEVICES LABORATORY
View of Circuits and Devices Lab
The circuits and devices Laboratory is the gateway for the students to the electronics world. At the beginning, the students get exposed to the various electronic components in order to make them design complex circuits in future. Later, they also learn to design and build simple electronics circuits so that their engineering skills are enriched. This lab also paves the way to learn fundamentals of digital electronics. Here the students experimentally verify the operation of different digital circuits. The correlation between the theoretical concepts of various analog electronics circuits with practical and their feasibility is also learned through the conduction of different experiments using OPAMP IC741and Timer IC555. This lab is also intended for the students to acquire in depth practical knowledge of theoretical laws, different circuit components and their functioning in electrical circuits. This lab enables the students to design and test circuits using bread board or using simulation software. Thus the acquired knowledge aid the students to pursue real time projects in future.
POWER ELECTRONICS LABORATORY
View of Power Electronics Lab
Power electronics laboratory comes under the department of electrical and electronics engineering. In this lab students learn conversion of electric power from one form to another form in single phase and three phase using power semiconductor devices like power SCR, power MOSFET, power IGBT etc. They also learn to control the power for electric drives like PMDC motor drive, DC motor drive, Induction motor drive, PMSM drive Switched reluctance motor drive, PMBLDC motor drive and AC servo motor based Emerson control drive. The students also get exposure to industry like setup in AC motor drives. This lab provides powerful simulation tools like MATLAB2018, PSIM7.1 for research scholars in the field of power electronics.
POWER SYSTEMS LABORATORY
View of Power System Lab
The Power System Laboratory research areas include modeling, simulation, and optimization of electric power systems (reliability); and planning, protection, automation, control and power quality. The lab is equipped with power system simulation software and hardware simulators such as power system micro-models fitted with protective relays, remote terminal units (RTUs), and supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA). Also here in Power System Lab, Programmable Logic Controller executed with the Ladder logic programming is used for real time knowledge acquiring. The lab has MIPOWER 9.1 package which is utilized specially for power system planning, stability, load flow Analysis and Short circuit studies. MATLAB software is used for simulation and coding in power system modeling.
EMBEDDED SYSTEMS LABORATORY
View of Embedded system Lab
The Embedded Systems Laboratory (ESL) is part of Department of Electrical & Engineering and focuses on the definition of system-level design methods, optimization methodologies and tools for high-performance embedded systems. This laboratory serves the practical sessions for Microcontrollers Embedded Programming and Embedded Systems Design. Provide hands-on experience with developing, debugging, and simulating an embedded system. IOT innovation laboratory in association with Texas Instruments attached to the department enables the students to gain knowledge on various sensors, interfacing and control using microcontrollers through IOT by means of workshops
Susecessful Installation for Sathyabama SAT Power Supply Module
Prime Minster Modi greeted our students and staff for Sathyabma SAT
International Space Research Institute, Leipzig, Germany
Proudly presenting our EEE student Sangramijith Mukharjee at NASA
NASA has organized the event in International Space Research Institute, Leipzig, Germany.one of the student in EEE dept has participated in NASA Human Exploration Rover Challenge 2016 held at USA from 8th to 9th April 2016 and won “Jesco Von Puttkemar Award” for Best International Team
Chhatri viswakarma award
Proudly presented Chhatri Viswakarma award of our Staff and Students at New Delhi
Students received third prize at Siemens Healthineers Bangalore
Innovation Management and leadership program conducted in 2019 at siemens Healthineers Bangalore office. It was around 5 days where 30 students were selected out of large number of applications. From sathyabama Institute of science and technology, we are three students selected and participated along with wining third prize for the idea to control and monitor diabetes using new technology
National Cadet Corps(NCC)
Our NCC students
Best paper award
Proudly presenting our departments students for received best paper award
SSN college of Engineering has organized Basic Robotic contest in 2018.Four of the students from sathyabama Institute of science and technology in EEE dept has participated and wining first prize in paper presentation
Sathyabama Institution's Innovation Council (IIC) - Project Expo
Students received first prize in Sathyabama IIC
National level symposium
Final year students handed over award winning trophy to our Chancellor and President of our University
Kuse Harish and team has awarded with certificate of achievement in National level techno management symposium held at Anna university
State level Hockey Tournament
Divya R received State level Hockey Tournament
National Robotics Football League Championship
Our Students and Staff designed Robo for National Robotic Football League Championship
National level karate championship 2020
Keshav Sridhar receiving First price in Karate championship
The Placement and Training cell acts as an interface between the students and industries and is dedicated to help the students towards their campus placement and industrial training. Throughout the year, senior executives and alumni from a variety of industry and enterprise participate in scheduled informal discussions on industry and career trends. Representatives share practical advice and insights gained from their own backgrounds and experiences. The campus placement activities are regularly carried out every year for all the students of the department. The campus placement offers three kinds of jobs namely Core, IT and ITES for the students. The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering has always been the choice for many recruiters, who come back year after year in search of fresh minds. Students have been placed in various core companies such as Robert Bosch, Musigma, BGR Energy, FLSmidth and IT giants like TCS, CTS, Wipro, Infosys, Accenture, MindTree, etc.
Edupolis, a leading provider of business programs and management coaching for educational leaders has selected our students through our Campus Recruitment program
Our Students placed in Edupolis Company through our Campus Recruitment Program
Sybrant, a leading software services company helping customers with higher business efficiencies using modern techniques has selected of our students through our Campus Recruitment program
Our Students placed in sybrant Company through our Campus Recruitment Program
NTT DATA, an Innovation Partner, Head quartered in Tokyo, with business operations in more than 50 countries and regions, providing premier professional services from consulting, system development to business IT outsourcing towards greater quality of life for people around the world, has selected our students through our Campus Recruitment program
Our Students placed in NTT DATA Company through our Campus Recruitment Program
Wipro placement program
Wipro Placement conducted at our Campus