- Quality Sustenance and Quality Enhancement are the two key words reverberating in most institutions of higher learning today.
- NAAC is the organization that assesses and accredits institutions of Higher Education in India (HEI).
- NAAC is an autonomous body funded by UGC, Government of India, MHRD headquartered in Bangalore.
- NAAC insists that every accredited institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a "Post - Accreditation Quality Sustenance" measure and should exercise long term objectives.
- And in this context, NAAC pushes every HEI to encompass a "Proactive and Functional IQAC" in its system.
- To develop a system for the conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of the institution.
- Making “Quality Enhancement” as an integral part of the institutional functioning - Internalization, and Institutionalization of quality enhancement initiatives.
- To assure all the stakeholders the accountability of the institution for its own quality.
- Generating and promoting awareness on Quality sustenance.
- To device procedures and mechanisms to maintain quality in all the operational aspects of the system-Teaching-learning-Evaluation process.
- Ensuring continuous improvement in all the operational aspects of the University.
- To keep the institution abreast of quality sustenance activities through Workshops / Seminars / Demonstrations / Case Studies / Panel Discussions.
- Developing realistic and attainable quality benchmarks for each of the academic and administrative activity through plan of action, internal assessment, workshops etc.
The IQAC has been restructured and positioned in the second floor of Administrative Block with the following members with effect from 15th December 2016.
- Dr. T. SASIPRABA ,Vice Chancellor
- Dr. Mariazeena Johnson, Chancellor
- Dr. Marie Johnson, President
- Ms. Maria Bernadette Tamilarasi Johnson, Vice President
- Dr. Logashanmugam,Pro Vice Chancellor
- Dr. Wilson Aruni, Pro Vice Chancellor
- Dr. S. S. Rao, Registrar
- Dr. Igni Sabasti Prabu, Controller of Examinations
- Dr. B. Sheela Rani, Director, Research
- Dr. G. Sundari, Director Administration
- Dr.S.Prakash, Dean, School of Mechanical Engineering
- Dr.T.Sasikala, Dean, School of Computing
- Dr. G. Bhuvaneshwari, Dean, School of Management studies
- Dr. B. Thayumanavan, Dean, Sathyabama Dental College and Hospital
- Dr. Nanditha N M, Dean, School of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Dr. K. Nirmala Prasad, Member, Tamilnadu State Council for Higher Education
Nominee from Alumni
- Mr. Raja, Deputy General Manager, QMax Test Equipments Private Limited, Sholinganallur
- Dr.Anima Nanda,FNRS,FAB,FIAS,
Minutes of 2015 - 2016
Minutes of 2016 - 2017
Minutes of 2017 - 2018
Minutes of 2018 - 2019
NAAC SELF STUDY REPORT
IQAC has organized a National Level Seminar on Quality Higher Education - 2017 during April 28th and 29th at our Library Presentation Hall. There were about 100 participants including the external participants from 11 institutes.
- Entry Level Questionnaire was answered by all the participants. The best answered was identified as 1. Dean IQAC Periyar Maniyammai University 2. QCM, School of Architecture and Planning, Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology.
- Participants shared the best practices of their institutes - participation by Lakshmi College, Gandigram, Periyar Maniyammai University, Thanjavur, GRT College of education, Chennai. The best presenter award was bagged by Periyar Maniyammai University. Session Jury was our External member of IQAC, viz., Eminent Professor Dr.K.Nirmala Prasad.
- This session was followed by Exit Level Questionnaire – by IQAC, Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology.
- Alumni Feedback Form
- Curriculum Feedback Form
- Faculty Self Appraisal Form
- Faculty Feedback Form
- Parent Feedback Form
- Students Feedback Form
- Workshop / Seminar / Guest Lecture Feedback Form
- Format for DTA
- Format for Academic Audit
Dr. Anima Nanda, Ph.D., FNRS, FIAS, FAB
Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology
(Deemed to be University)
Jeppiaar Nagar, Rajiv Gandhi Salai
Chennai - 600119, Tamilnadu, India.