SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS
In 2015, 193 Nations agreed with the United Nation that they can change the world for the better by eradicating poverty and hunger, promoting good health and quality education, promoting gender equality, promoting access to clean water and clean energy, taking actions to combat climate change, protecting life below water and life on land, Promoting peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development and strengthening the means of implementation and development through global partnerships for sustainable development.
SATHYABAMA’S CONTIBUTION TOWARDS SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS
- Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology support the implementation of every SDG, through learning and teaching, research and organizational governance.
- Sustainability forms the core of teaching and the notion of sustainable development is instilled in the students. Students are educated about the sustainability issues and a sense of responsibility is created.
- To have sustainability principle inbuilt in the curriculum of the University.
- Research at Sathyabama addresses the Sustainable Development Goals of Agenda 2030, which requires the participation of individuals, institutions, countries and Governments in creating a better world free from poverty, hunger, health issues, inequalities, and providing access to quality education, access to clean water and sanitation, access to affordable and clean energy.
- Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology is involved in community development initiatives that contribute positively to the development of sustainable community. It is playing a vital role in developing a sustainable community
- where the needs of everyone in the community are met and people feel safe, healthy and happy and the prosperity jointly enjoyed
- Where the needs are met while ensuring that adequate resources are available for future generations.
- where the environment is appreciated, protected and damage to the environment is minimised
- Where the employment opportunities are growing and working lives are more rewarding
Sathyabama is working to achieve the following goals
- Clean air and water and nutritious food for everyone
- Protection of ecosystems and biological diversity
- Conservation of water, land, energy, reduction, reuse and recycling of waste.
To pursue these goals, the Institution:
- Use appropriate technology to minimize emissions and pollution
- Use of renewable energy
- Advocates green concepts like organic farming
- Minimize waste
- Avoid usage of plastics
- Advocate Plantation drive
- Advocates mass transportation
- Advocates the usage of bio-fuel and bio-fertilizers
- Promotes eco-conscious and eco-friendly initiatives