Dr. Arunkumar, G Joined Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology as a Professor in July 2017. He completed PhD in Mechanical Engineering in the Year 2011 from Anna University, Chennai. His areas of research Interest are Compliant Mechanisms, Topology Optimisation, Product Design, Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA) and Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Shift Engineer, Sakthi Autocomponents Ltd, Erode from 1997 to 1998
- Lecturer, Kongu Engineering College, Erode from 2000 to 2006
- Senior Lecturer, RMK Engineering College, Chennai from 2006 to 2008
- Asst Manager, Mechanical Engineering Services, ITC Infotech Ltd., Bangalore from 2008 to 2010
- Associate Professor, SRM University, Kattankulathur, Chennai from 2010 to 2011
- Professor and Head, Dept of Mechanical Engineering, Saveetha University, Chennai from 2011 to 2017
- Professor and Head, Dept of Mechanical Engineering, Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai from 2017 to Till date.
- Invited as one of the keynote speaker for International Convention on Dissemination of Research in Science, Engineering Technology and Management Applications organised by Society of Engineers and Technicians, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in the year 2017.
- M.E., (Engg.Design) Course Bharathiar University Second Rank Holder in the Year 2000
- Best staff award with Gold medal for the year 2015
- Professional Achievement Award 2019” by ASDF Global Awards at Chennai.
- Distinguished Leader in Engineering 2019” by VIFA, Chennai.
- Professional Achievement Award 2017” by Society of Engineers and Technicians, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Best Academic Administrator award” for the year 2016 by Association of Scientists, Developers and Faculty at Michigan, USA.
- Best Professor Award of the Year 2015” by ASDF Global Awards, Pondicherry, India.
- Award for Excellence in Professional Education and Industry” by EET &CRS, 2014
- Design and Development of Compliant Mechanisms and Systems- A Topology Optimization Approach
- Certified Auditor for Quality Systems Implementation
- Certified Charted Engineer by Institution of Engineers (India)
- Life Member in ISTE, Member in IET
- Member in IE(I)
- Charted Engineer in IE(I)
- Member in ASDF
- Compliant Mechanisms
- Topology Optimization
- Product design and Development
- Failure mode Effect Analysis
- Finite Element Analysis
HOD - Mechanical,
Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology (Deemed to be University,)
Jeppiaar Nagar, Rajiv Gandhi Salai,
Chennai - 600 119. Tamilnadu, INDIA.