Dr. N.Nazini has been teaching Visual Communication, Film and Media Studies for 17 years. She is working as Assistant Professor and Head at the Department of Visual Communication, Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology (Deemed University), Chennai, Tamilnadu. She joined in the year 2005 as a Lecturer and has a successful track record of more than 15 years in the field of higher education teaching. Her area of research includes Digital Media Education; Communication ; Cultural Studies & Film studies ; ICT and Digital Cultures. She has completed Post-graduate degree in Electronic Media from Anna University, Chennai , Master of Philosophy in Mass Communication from Mother Teresa Women's University, Kodaikanal and also Ph.D. in Mass Communication from Pondicherry University, India. She has undertaken research projects in India focusing - awareness on social issues and environmental approach; marginalized societies issues . She has presented her work in several national and international conferences. Her research writings have been published in various book chapters in reputed publications. Her latest research articles were published in Media Watch, Mass Communicator, Global Media Journal and Akshar wangmay journal.
- 17 years 4 months in teaching and 2 years in Industry
- PhD: Dept of Electronic Media and Mass Communication - Mass Communication – Pondicherry University, Pondicherry.
- M.Phil : Dept of Mass Communication - Mass Communication in 2006 , Mother Teresa Women’s University, Kodaikanal
- PG: M.Sc: Dept of Media Sciences, M.Sc Electronic Media in 2005 , Anna University, Chennai.
- UG: B.Sc (Computer Science) in 2002, JBAS Women’s College, Chennai
- Coordinated and Volunteered at Chennai International Film festival ( CIFF-2019 )
- Invited as a Key note speaker - National Conference on "Women in the media -Challenges and accomplishments 2019" by Dept of Media Sciences, Anna University, Chennai.
- Participated in Round Table Meet on Mass Communication – India’s International Science Festival, by Govt of India, at NIOT, Chennai (13/10/2017-16/10/2017).
- An Article published in Chellamey Magazine (Tamil version) on “Parenting” Tips -2019
- Invited as a guest speaker at GURU NANAK COLLEGE –‘Drishtand 2018’ - Panel discussion on communication through visual media – Challenges and Opportunities.
- Conducted and Organized Out Reach activities for Visual communication Students - Wall Painting at MTC Thiruvanmiyur and MTC Tondiarpet workshop.
- Every year Organized and conducted LEGEND Short film festival
- Biennially organized EIDOS Photographic Exihibition to Show the talents of the students.
- Organised more than 50 events like Workshops, Guest lectures, Career orientation programmes, industrial visits, and Interactive sessions for visual communication Students.
- Invited as Key judges for Short film festival at DBICA, ASCENDAS and TECH MAHINDRA
Syllabus committee member at SDNB Vaishnav College for Women, Chennai
- Qualified UGC NET –DEC 2014
- She has presented papers at national and international conferences. She has published many book chapters in the field of Film studies in both (English &Tamil Language) and ICT in education.
- Diploma in Graphics & animation in 2004, Arena Multimedia, Kilpauk.
- Film studies,
- Digital Media in Education,
- Cultural studies.
HOD - Visual Communication,
Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology (Deemed to be University,)
Jeppiaar Nagar, Rajiv Gandhi Salai,
Chennai - 600 119. Tamilnadu, INDIA.