Dr. M. Nirmala, joined Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology as a lecturer in July 2000. From the date of joining the institute, she not only molded herself but also strived hard to equip the student fraternity with sound mathematical skills. Her urge to impart mathematical knowledge to every student in our institute culminated in floating MATHCLUB in the year 2012. She acted as the coordinator of the MATHCLUB since its inception till 2018. The MATHCLUB served actively marching efficiently towards its purpose of establishment by conducting many workshops and events like Rubik’s cube and Mathmania. Her nature of being an effortless and continuous learner fetched her Ph.D in 2013 from Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology. Her dedicated and striving attitude elevated her to the position of Head of the Department in the year 2018. Assuming the position of the Head of the Department, Department of Mathematics, motivated her to initiate new courses to be offered by the department. At the capacity of HOD she has been the mainstay for the periodical conduct of various skill development of programs in coordination with the Government of India. Regular workshops are being conducted, under her guidance, to train faculties and students to excel in competitive exams like SET / NET. She is also focused in organising national and international workshops / conferences regularly to spot the talents of our institute and provide wide exposure to the potential researchers of the department. She coordinates gracefully with faculties, students and heads of other schools for the smooth academic functioning. She has a substantial teaching experience of 23 years. Her areas of Research Interest are Data Analysis, Time Series Analysis and Modeling.
- PhD: Faculty of Science and Humanities – Mathematics, 2013, Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai
- PG: MPhil – Mathematics, 1997, University of Madras, Chennai
- PG: MSc – Mathematics, 1996, Queen Marys College, University of Madras, Chennai
- UG: BSc – Mathematics, 1993, Queen Marys College, University of Madras, Chennai
- She has produced a Ph.D and guiding two more scholars.
- She is an active Member in Board of Studies, Department of Mathematics, Velammal college of Engineering and Technology, Madurai
- She acts as a Reviewer to the peer reviewed journal Environmental Earth Science published by the Springer.
- She had published more than 40 publications in reputed journals indexed in Scopus and Web of Science.
HOD - Mathematics,
Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology (Deemed to be University,)
Jeppiaar Nagar, Rajiv Gandhi Salai,
Chennai - 600 119. Tamilnadu, INDIA.