Dr.V.Ramesh kumar joined Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology as a lecturer in September, 2007. He had completed his Ph.D. in Plant Biology and Plant Biotechnology from Bharathidasan University in 2012. His research interest includes biodiesel from microalgae, stress biology and micro RNA studies
- Ph.D. in Plant Biology and Plant Biotechnology, 2012 from Bharathidasan University, Trichy
- MBA – Finance and Systems, 2008 from Bharathidasan University, Trichy
- M.Phil. Life Sciences, 2003 from Manonmanium Sundaranar University, Tirunelveli.
- M.Sc. Biochemistry, 2000 from St.Joseph’s college, Trichy.
- B.Sc. Biochemistry, 1998 from MIET Arts and Science college, Trichy.
- CSIR – NET (Lecturership), Dec-2000 and Dec-2001
- INSA Summer fellowship, 2014
- College Management Award for Academic excellence (2000)
- Best Faculty Award, Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology (2020)
- Life Member, Krishnamurthy Institute of Algology
- Life Member, Seaweed Research and Utilization Association
- Life Member, Indian Association of Applied Microbiologists
- Reviewer for Journal of Biomass and Bioenergy
- Reviewer for Journal of Biotechnology and Biomaterials
- Reviewer for Bioresource technology
- Reviewer for Biocatalysis and Applied Biotechnology
- Reviewer for Environmental Science and Pollution Research.
- Reviewer for Energy conversion and Management
- Reviewer for King Saud University
- His research mainly aims at understanding the impact of stress on the various physiological responses in life forms. In microalgae stress induces various responses in terms of enhancing the lipid synthesis which can be utilized for biodiesel production. Also temperature stress in bacteria, affects the response of them towards antibiotic resistance which when analyzed could serve as a potential answer to multi drug resistance. Stress due to various reasons in bacteria induces expression of micro RNA which impacts the physiology and results in varied responses worth studying.
- PG Diploma in Computer Applications
- PG Diploma in Bioinformatics
- Biodiesel from microalgae
- Stress response in bacteria
- Micro RNA studies
HOD - Biotechnology,
Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology (Deemed to be University,)
Jeppiaar Nagar, Rajiv Gandhi Salai,
Chennai - 600 119. Tamilnadu, INDIA.