Dr.V.K.Bupesh Raja joined Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology as a Senior Lecturer in June 2007. He has completed his Ph.D in 2011 from Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology. His areas of interest are Material Characterization, Material Technology, Waste utilization, etc.
- Serving as Professor and Head of Automobile Engineering Department, in Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology from 12-07-2012 to till date.
- Joined as a Senior Lecturer on 04-06-2007, in the Department of Mechanical and Production Engineering, Sathyabama University, Chennai.
- Served as Assistant Professor from 27-02-2006 to 21-05-2007 in Department of Mechanical Engineering, Dr.M.G.R. University, Chennai.
- Served as Senior Lecturer from 19-04-2001 to 22-02-2006 in Department of Mechanical Engineering, Sriram Engineering College, Chennai. Served as ME (CIM) Programme Coordinator in Sriram Engineering College.
- Served as Trainee in GEC Alsthom, Chennai from 26-07-1994 to 10-06-1995.
- Overseas Research Fellowship (ORF) in Materials Division, Department of Mechanical Engineering, National University of Singapore (NUS), Singapore.
- Awarded Certificate of Appreciation for research publication in “High Impact Journals” for the period of June 2019 to June 2020, by Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology.
- Awarded Certificate of Appreciation for research publication in “High Impact Journals” for the period of August 2015 to August 2016, by Sathyabama University.
- Received Best Faculty Award of Merit on 12th February 2015 from Sathyabama University.
- Received Best Faculty Award for the academic year 2011 – 2012 from during 25year celebration at Sathyabama University.
- Completed the research project funded by Atomic Energy Regulatory Board (AERB), Government of India on the title “Utilization of Steel Slag materials in concrete for radiation shielding studies” worth Rs 19,48,500/- .
- Completed the research project funded by Ministry of Steel, Government of India on the title “Utilization of Steel Plant waste in manufacture of paver blocks and slag foams” worth Rs 73,00,000/-.
- Completed the research project funded by Department of Science and Technology, Government of India on the title “Development of on-line monitoring system for preventing weld defects in Automated Gas Tungsten Arc” worth Rs.25,97,617/-.
- Life Member of Madras Metallurgical Society-(Receipt No. 384, dated. 02-02-2009)
- Life Member of Indian Welding Society- L00738
- Life Member of Indian LASER Association – LM802
- Associate Member of The Institute of Engineers (India) – AM092322-5
- Life member of The Indian Society for Technical Education – LM 33181.
- Life Member of Indian Society for Non Destructive Testing – LM 9073 CH.
- Life Member in Materials Research Society of India – LMB2247
- Life Member Solar Energy Society of India - LM/2142/2015
- Life Member in World Association for Scientific Research and Technical Innovation (WASRTI) – WASRTI – M18347.
- Life Member in International Association of Engineers (IAENG) – 125197.
- Life Member of the Society for Biomaterials and Artificial Organs (India) – LM735
- Life Member in Association for Development of Teaching, Education and Learning (ADTEL) – ADTEL – M18696.
- His areas of interest are Advanced Welding Techniques, Super Alloys, Light Metals, Material Characterization, Material Technology, Laser Material Processing and Surface Modification, Bioimplants, Corrosion, Composites, Geopolymer, Corrosion, Wear, etc
HOD - Automobile Engineering,
Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology (Deemed to be University,)
Jeppiaar Nagar, Rajiv Gandhi Salai,
Chennai - 600 119. Tamilnadu, INDIA.