Dr.S.Ravichandran joined as Sr.Lecturer in sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology in the period of August 2005. He obtained his B.Sc. degree in Physics from AVA College, Mayiladuthurai, M.Sc. degree in Physics from the TBML College affiliated to Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli, Tamilnadu. He got his M.Phil from Annamalai University, Chidambaram, Tamilnadu, India in the year of 1993. After that, he had joined as lecturer in S.K.S.S. Arts and Science College, Tanjore Dt, A.T.A Polytechnic, Chengalpet Dt, Head of the Department of Physics in Mahendra Engineering College, Namakkal District, Tamilnadu, India. He completed his Ph.D in Anna University in the field of Ultrasonic studies on binary solutions and polymer mixtures. He is continued his research in nano materials and polymer composites. He is member of Member of Indian Physics Association, Member of Ultrasonic Society of India, Member of Asia-Pacific Chemical, Biological& Environmental Engineering Society, (APCBEES), Member of Asian Polymer Association and Member in the science and engineering institute (SCIEI). Also he is one of the associate editor in the journal of Basic and Applied Scientific Research (JBASR)
- 27 years of Teaching in Engineering, Arts and Science and Research
- Lecturer in Physics, S. K. S. S. Arts & Science College, Thirupanandal, Tanjore Dist. Tamil Nadu (1993 – 1994)
- Lecturer in Physics, A.T.A., Polytechnic College Thirukazukundram, Chengalpet Dist:.Tamilnadu.( 1994 – 1995)
- Head of the Department of Physics, Mahendra Engineering College, Namakkal, Namakkal Dist:.,TamilNadu.( 1995 – 2005)
- Professor, Dept: of Physics, Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai, Tamilnadu,( From August- 2005)
- CARS Project” Enhancement of mechanical properties of epoxy resin System through nanophase reinforcement” sanctioned by Aeronautical Development Establishment, DRDO, India for Rs.9.31 Lakhs on 1st June,2012. (No:ADE/14931/3/CARS/TMS.,dt.01.06.2012)
- Design and structural properties of Setyrene-Ethylene-Butylene-Styrene-(SEBS) Polysulphide-Application Number: 201741043384, dated on 04/12/2017. Reference Number: E-2/3738/2017-CHE, CBR No: 37256.
- Selected as a REVIEWER OF THE August-2020 by the Journal of Material Science Research India.
- Organized “National Conference on Material Physics-NCoMP-2018” on 28th February-1st March, 2018, as a convener.
- Published 30 national and international research articles.
- Attended and published papers in 25 conferences.
- Global Initiative of Academic Networks(GIAN) International Winter Course – 2017 on December 21-28, 2017, Organized by Department of Physics, Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology Allahabad, Allahabad 211004, India, Expert- Prof. Takafumi Miyanaga, Professor in Department of Mathematics and Physics, Faculty of Science and Technology, Hirosaki University, JAPAN.
- NPTEL successfully completed the course: Title: Processing of Polymers and Polymercomposites”, July-September-2017. (Roll.No:NPTEL17ME36S1221216)
- Completed online course on “Material Science” authorized by University of California, Davis and offered through courser, 05/03/2020(F79QRPGUSB7).
- Ultrasonic study of Binary solution and polymer mixtures
- Nano materials
- Synthesis and mechanical properties of Polymer nano composites
HOD - Physics,
Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology (Deemed to be University,)
Jeppiaar Nagar, Rajiv Gandhi Salai,
Chennai - 600 119. Tamilnadu, INDIA.