Dr.N.M.Nandhitha, Professor & Dean, School of Electrical and Electronics, joined Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology as Asst. Professor in June 2002. She has completed her Masters in Power Electronics and Industrial Drives with a Gold Medal. She has completed her doctoral research in Thermal Image Processing and Soft Computing Techniques in 2011. She has successfully completed research projects sponsored from DST, TNSCST, BRNS and BRFST. She is life member in Institution of Engineers, India.
She has a total of 22 years of teaching experience
- 4 years as Lecturer in ECE department in Bharath Engineering College, Selaiyur, Chennai
- 9 Years as Assistant professor in the Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering, Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai
- 2 years as Professor & Head (Academics) of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai
- 3 years as Professor and Head (Research) for Faculty of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai
- 4 years as Professor and Dean, School of Electrical and Electronics, Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai.
- She has successfully completed 6 sponsored research projects from various funding agencies like BRFST, DST (TNSCST), BRNS.
- She has three Unnat Bharat Abhiyaan projects to her credit.
- She has published 5 monographs
- She has received best paper award three times. She is the recipient of the CTS Best Teacher Award and Best Teacher Award from Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology twice. She was invited to deliver invited talk in ICSSR Sponsored National Seminar, Periyar Maniyammai College of Engineering; ISTE sponsored Short Term training Program, Velammal Institute of Technology. She has also delivered guest lecture in various engineering colleges and provided hands on training in Faculty Development Programs.
- She is actively involved in academic and sponsored research. Under her guidance, six research scholars have completed their doctoral research in the areas of Medical Image Processing, Deep Learning Neural Networks, Speech Signal Processing, InfraRed Thermography for condition monitoring of electrical equipments. She is guiding research scholars in the areas of Nanoelectronics, signal processing and NDT Techniques
- She has secured top ranks in NPTEL certification Courses on Introduction to IOT, Digital Image Processing and Wireless and Adhoc Networks. She has also completed certification courses on Reconfigurable Computing, FPGA based system Design, Nanoelectronics Devices and Circuit Design. She has completed certification courses in Outcome Based Education and Academic Quality Assurance, Online Teaching, Learning, and Evaluation with MOODLE & MOOC Platform.
- Her areas of interest include Signal and image processing, InfraRed thermography, Ultrasonic Testing, Medical Image processing, Machine Learning Techniques and Deep Learning Networks.
Dean - School of Electronics,
Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology (Deemed to be University,)
Jeppiaar Nagar, Rajiv Gandhi Salai,
Chennai - 600 119. Tamilnadu, INDIA.