Anti-Discrimination Cell ( ADC )
Statement of Non-discrimination
Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology is a place where the learning is celebrated every day. The University provides everybody with equal opportunity into its fold irrespective of caste, religion, language or based on gender. The University ensures that every individual inside the campus exercise equal rights and acquire in the process of offering or receiving education. Justice, Peace and Revolution are the roots based on which the living system exist in the campus. Any act, speech or intentions that perturb the harmony among the people is seriously regarded and dealt on immediate basis to restore the peace. Any such issues if found shall be brought into the notice by email to Anti -Discrimination officer, Dr. S. Lalithakumari, Associate Professor, Department of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, School of Electrical and Electronics Engineering at email@example.com
Constitution and Objectives of the Anti-Discrimination Cell
Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology has constituted the Anti-Discrimination Cell in compliance to the UGC regulations (Promotion of Equity in Higher Educational Institutions), with the following members:
- Dr.S.Lalithakumari, Department of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Mr.K.S.Swaminathan, Department of Mathematics
- Ms.B.Priyadharshini, Department of Civil Engineering
Objectives of the Cell:
- This cell will look after the related matters (if any) of depriving a student / staff or group of students on the basis of caste, creed, language, ethnicity, gender, different ability.
- This cell always try to uphold the dignity of the institution by addressing the concerns (if any) brought into the notice related to equality in offering or receiving education inside the campus.
- This cell ensures conducive environment for academic growth of the people belonging to the university.
- This cell protects the rights of individuals without any prejudice to their appearance or lifestyle in the process of learning inside the campus.
- The Cell shall eliminate discrimination against or harassment of any individual in all forms by prohibiting it and by providing preventive and protective measures to facilitate its eradication and punishments for those who indulge in any form of discrimination or harassment.