Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology is one among the many institutes in India which aims at achieving both student discipline and academic excellence. Our Institute maintains a healthy and congenial academic environment for the students. The institution offers protection to the new entrants from the menace of ragging. In this regard our Institute has constituted an Anti Ragging Cell. The cell is headed by Dr.S.S.Rau, Registrar, along with seven other committee members comprising of senior faculties and hostel wardens. Anti Ragging Squad members and Anti Ragging Bus Incharges have been deputed from all departments to monitor students discipline both inside the campus and on board. In order to maintain the discipline among boys and girls hostels, ARC Hostel Incharges have been allotted.
As per the order of Honourable Supreme Court of India and subsequent Notification form
Institute Grants Commission (UGC), ragging constitutes one or more of any intetion by any student or group of students:
1. Any act of Indiscipline, Teasing or Handling with Rudeness
2. Any act that Prevents, Disrupts the Regular Axademic Acitivity
3. Any activity which is likely to cause Annoyance, Hardship,
Psychological Harm or creates Fear or Apprehension
4. Any Act of Financial Extortion or Forceful Expenditure
5. Any Act of Physical Abuse causing Assault, Harm or danger to Health
6. Any Act of abuse by spoken words, emails, SMS or public insult etc
7. Any Act of injury or infringement of the fundamental right to the human dignity
8. Any Act of Wrongful Confinement, Kidnapping, molesting or committing unnatural offences, use of criminal forces, trespass or intimidation
9. Any unlawful assembly or conspiracy to ragging
Any student or group of students found guilty of ragging in the campus or event outside the campus shall be liable to one or more of the following punishments.
1. Debarring from appearing in any sessional test / Examination.
2. Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges.
3. Withdrawing scholarships and other benefits.
4. Suspended from the Institute for a period of three months.
5. Expulsion from the Institute and also debarring from admission to any other institution throughout India.
6. Entry in the character / Transfer Certificate regarding the punishment given for any Act if ragging.
7. Complaint filed with the police leading to arrest.
EVERY STUDENT NEED TO SUBMIT TWO AFFIDAVITS i.e., PARENT'S AFFIDAVIT AND STUDENT AFFIDAVIT. THESE TWO AFFIDAVITS HAVE TO BE PRINTED IN TWO SEPARATE Rs. 20/- GOVERNMENT STAMP PAPERS. AFFIDAVITS SHOULD BE DULY SIGNED BY THE PARENT AND THE STUDENT AND THEREAFTER IT SHOULD BE COUNTER SIGNED BY NOTARY PUBLIC.